It seems that life can move by pretty fast. Super fast, actually. And when you throw in managing a business, attending shows, doing pop-ups, building a 4Runner overland rig, and then of course the good stuff—adventures, trips, family time, etc.—well the months can go by before you even know what happened. And that's where our little OE Scrambler project comes in. It had been bearing the brunt of a busy life. Sitting patiently in the corner like a dog waiting to be noticed by his owner. Well no more. She has been noticed.
We had to finish up a few odds and ends, so we hit up Bike Bandit for some Kawasaki Parts. A plug for the tach (we're only running a speedo on her, so the tach inlet needs to be covered), a filter to keep the oil fresh, and some new plugs and fuel filters while we were at it.
Next up was the issue of stabilizing these high pipes. Since this exhaust setup is completely custom it required a custom solution to hold them in place. And quite honestly it had been staring us in the face for way too long. There were a few ways we could go with it, but after a few cardboard mockups we settled on a fairly simple solution that is small and clean. We took it over to our friends at Independent Machine for some clean TIG welds and we were all set.
Now it's just a matter of cleaning up some welds, giving her a final tune, and then tearing it all apart to powder coat the frame and put it all back together again. Then do a little shopping for a new motorcycle jacket and helmet and ride off into the woods.
More updates and final photos to come. Thanks for your patience and for following along!